No image again today because I’m posting from my phone.
I really don’t want to post today’s cover… Because it’s a cover I recorded several years ago. Yes. I play a little guitar and sometimes song along. But since this is my blog, I thought it would few during to feature a cover I’d performed.
I’m playing–and screwing up–Lifehouse’s song Storm. I hope you enjoy it.
I love Regina Spektor. Her sound is ridiculous like a fox. (I love Monk.) One of my favorite songs of her’s is Samson. So tonight we have a cover for your listening pleasure! Yaaaay!
Only two more dayyyys! Tomorrow I have a little surprise for you…and then we’ll end with my favorite Michael Jackson cover of all time! Taaadaaaa!
Today I actually have a good reason for why I didn’t post a song yesterday: my computer went all wonky-do and even something as simple as checking my mail became a headache. After some good old fashioned defragging we’re back in tip top shape!
Our first video is of what is probably my favorite cover EVAR. I’m not even kidding. I watch this video at least once a month. And this talented young man was discovered thanks to this home video. Yay for Greyson Chance! (Also, I love the face of the blonde in the back row. She cracks me up.)
And because today is Friday Friday, gotta get down on Friday….!
I know. I’m a very bad person. My only excuse is that I’ve had a really crazy week. Sooo… here we go!
Day 23 :: Meghan Tonjes cover’s Mumford & Sons’ White Blank Page.
Day 24 :: Michael Jackson Monday cover of I Want You Back by Decimal.
Day 25 :: A cover of Cee Lo Green’s Forget You by Madilyn Bailey.
Day 26 :: Christmas Tiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!!
Today we got our first “snow storm” of the season. So that officially means I am going to start listening to Christmas Carols. Because I love them. And you are a Grinch if you try to stop me.
I love this cover of Carol of the Bells by Family Force 5 and you will too! If you’re not familiar with FF5…this will no be your traditional carol. Because it’s awesome.
This is the last week of the challenge. I’m surprised I’ve even done this well. (I know, I have a lot of missed and made up days. But this is really good. For me.)
I like boy bands.
There, I said it.
I liked them then. I like them now. (You know, the kind where the boys just sang and never touched an instrument with their pretty, manicured hands?)
So today we have a lovely cover of N*Sync’s Bye Bye Bye which was so way cool when I was 13 or something.
Enjoy me darlings!
Bucket lists are huge right now. Hugely huge. There’s even a movie about having them! I’ve never actually taken the time to write them down, but I have them. My husband (before we were married or even dating) even gave me a 1,001 things to do before you die kind of book. So I’ve definitely thought about it. (And even accomplished some of the things in the book!)
So, here are 15 things I would love to do before I die.
- See my great-grand children. How cool must that be?!
- Go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Florida. Don’t judge.
- Ride a horse on the beach. Bareback.
- Stay a month in Spain.
- Roast a turkey to perfection for a giant family Thanksgiving. (It won’t be this year, but maybe next!)
- See a show on Broadway. Preferably The Lion King, The Fiddler on the Roof, or Les Mis.
- Take ballroom dancing lessons.
- Swim with dolphins. Nice dolphins.
- Perform in a stage musical. The Fiddler on the Roof would be great.
- Be a first adopter of some really cool piece of technology. I’m always about 3 generations too late.
- Master Blackbird on the guitar.
- Take my children to the Holocaust Museum in D.C. so they can understand why we can never forget.
- Visit New Zealand!
- Find the perfect pudding. OH yuuuum!
- Get the spa treatment for a day. Like a real spa. Not a mani-pedi. I’m talking the whole sha-bang. Done by professionals! A weekend long spa treatment maybe! With my bestie! Yessssssss.
What do you want to do before you die?
**This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details. **